Saturday, October 8, 2011

Framed Necklace Holder

I started making jewelry last month and I haven't decided what to do with it yet. So until I decide where/how to sell it, I have all these necklaces laying around. Hence, the idea for this project:
Supplies:
Wooden Frame
Branches
Hot Glue or Super Glue
Acrylic Paint
Bar of Soap
Sandpaper

I found this framed mirror at the dollar store, and found these branches on my lawn. The total cost of this project for me was $1.00... which is a perfect price for a starving artist like me. (Note my cat, Molly Clyde, scoping out the situation)








Popped out the mirror from the frame, and I painted my undercoat of light peach. This is going to be the color that shows through in certain spots to give your frame an older/weathered look.

After your undercoat dries, take a bar of soap, (I just used the cheap, white, dial soap) and rub it onto a few spots on your frame. I noticed the more I rubbed, where little chunks of soap even came off onto the frame...the better it looked in the end. Now put your top coat on, I chose a light blue.


Once your top coat dries, take your sand paper and sand the spots where you had rubbed your soap. Your top layer of paint will scratch away, showing your undercoat of paint. 





Fake vintage...I dig it.










Now go glue your branches to the back of your frame...
and display all your pretty necklaces and bracelets!



---Emily Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home