Saturday, October 15, 2011

One Night Stand

So I found this night stand at a garage sale a few months ago for a few dollars. I knew I wanted to paint it, and this weekend I finally got around to it. This is a really simple way to paint furniture, anyone can do this!

Supplies:
Piece of desired wooden furniture
Sand Paper
Paint (Acrylic, Spray Paint, Wall Paint..all works)
Masking Tape
Optional: Fabric, Modge Podge (or white glue/water combo)


First sand down your item. This will take the finish off of it so it will absorb the paint. (That's Why mine looks so dusty) Dust off all the little dust pieces the sandpaper leaves behind.

Next step..Paint! I used leftover wall paint. Make sure to get under your item and in all the nooks and crannies.

I decided I needed some more color, so I masking taped off the tabletop and used some gold metallic spray I found 
in my paint drawer. I sprayed the fronts of the drawers as well.

I had some scrap fabric lying around...

So I used Heather's tutorial on fabric lined drawers to line my drawers!






And here is where I will be keeping my underwear now!
Not bad for a few bucks.

--Emily Jo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home