Sunday, November 20, 2011

A new twist on the classic "Friendship Bracelet"

Friendship Bracelets for adults, how fun! 

Supplies:

Thread
2 bobby pins
Scissors
A bracelet with large chain links


This bracelet was in need of an update. I got inspired by a tutorial I saw, and decided to give it a try.


Cut each piece of thread to be 4 times the size of your bracelet. Do this twice for each color you chose. I chose 10 colors total, so I had 20 pieces of thread when I was done cutting.


Group the thread into 2 different piles. I chose to keep like colors together and separated mine between Pinks/Purples and Blue/Greens.


Tie the two groups together with a knot, leaving about 2 inches slack.


The bobby pins were a big help with this project. Slip them onto each section like shown, this is how you will weave your thread through each link.


Alright time to start! Lay your bracelet to the right of your thread. Start by weaving Group 1 (pinks/purples) through your first link from under the bracelet. Then place your Group 2 (Blues/Greens) on top of Group 1, then weave Group 2 through your link from underneath. 

This is all you do for the whole bracelet. Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.
Under, pull through, next Group over top, Under, pull through.


When I got to the end, I had a decent amount of thread left and I wanted it to look chunkier. I decided to go back down the bracelet in the same pattern.


Once you have the thickness you desire, Tie a knot in the remaining thread and trim the ends.

Now you can either wear your friendship bracelet...



Or give it to your best friend to wear!


--Emily Jo







Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home