Saturday, November 12, 2011

Skeleton Key Necklace

I've been making a lot of jewelry lately, and this old skeleton key was begging to be worn.

Supplies:
Key
2.3 mm chain
Acrylic Paint
Toggle Clasp (closure)
2 Jump rings
charms/beads
wire
wire cutter

First I decided to paint my key using acrylic paint.

I wanted my necklace to not just be a single key on a chain (even though you could do that as well.) So I decided to bling it out by adding some beads and loose charms I had. So first I took some armature and strung up some beads...


Then I wrapped it around the top of my key to create a loop for my chain to fit into.


I then found all the random charms I could find and strung them through my chain, putting the key in the middle.


I attached my jump rings to my chain and the toggle clasps to the jump rings.
(I think this heavy of a necklace would look best on a longer chain, resting mid chest or longer. So make sure to cut a long enough chain!)


And here are some "myspace" type photos to show you the outcome:



This necklace would look cute on ribbon as well! 

--Emily Jo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home