Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wrong Holiday Project


I know it is December, but I decided to do this project as a Christmas gift to my sister, who happens to love Halloween as much as I do.  But it is actually pretty easy to convert this whole project to a Christmas tree if you want to be festive. (I actually may do this as Christmas trees too, time permitting. I'll be sure to post an update with photos if I do.)

Supplies:
Styrofoam craft cones (I found mine at JoAnn Fabrics. $2-$5 depending on size)
Yarn
Scissors
Paint


Start by wrapping yarn around the base of the cone and work your way up. Try not to show any styrofoam through the yarn


The great thing about this project is that there is no mess or glue involved. Just tuck the end of the yarn strand into a nook between your yarn and styrofoam.


Another great thing about this project is that you can easily do it while watching a movie, drinking coffee, and entertaining your cat (with the yarn...), which is my typical Sunday morning. 
Just keep wrapping...


and wrapping...

until you get to the top. Tuck in your last piece of yarn and paint the open top whatever color your yarn is.  Or if you do a Christmas tree, you could easily cover this with a fun star ornament. 

It's not October.
Why hello there, candy corn.




















If you would like to change this project to a Christmas one, try alternating red and white yarn. Or turn the cones into a tree forest by using green  and placing pins with colored fun ends on them into the cone, like ornaments. 






But for this project, today was Halloween for me.



--Emily Jo

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home