Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Quotable Artwork

Even if you don't have an artistic bone in your body, you can do this project.  I've been coming across some great quotes lately and have been stockpiling them for some sort of project. Canvases were on sale at my craft store, so I decided to do a quick painting to test out some quotable artwork.


Supplies:
Canvas
Acrylic Paint
Alphabet stickers



Choose a few colors, and then go nuts.


Paint all over your canvas, different colors, textures, patterns, just keep layering.


Keep going until you like the look of things, or until Dateline is over (which is what I did).


Take your alphabet stickers and space out your favorite quote.


Then paint over it in a solid color. Be carful around the letters to make sure they don't unstick from your canvas.


When you peel off your stickers once your top coat is dry, it will show your abstract design right through. Such an easy project, and a great way to add a conversation piece to any room.
...and yes I painted my lips and then kissed the canvas.

--Emily Jo




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home