Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years!

These two girls were lucky enough to ring in the new year together in Boston surrounded by some of our favorite SCAD graduates and Bostonians. So naturally we came up with a little project to debut at our NYE party! We decided we needed a fun champagne punch to drink with our friends and jazzed up a basic glass drink dispenser for the occasion.

Supplies:
Glass drink dispenser
Armor Etch glass etching paint
Paintbrush
Painters tape(masking tape would also work)
Exacto knife
Gloves

Drink Recipe:
2 bottles of champagne
1 350mL bottle of Grand Marnier
1 Liter pomegranate juice
1 Liter pomegranate lime juice 


This little beauty was only $20 at Target and was the last one on the shelf - it was fate!


I decided to write "Celebrate" around the top so I picked out a fun font and printed it out. Then I used the exacto knife to cut out the letters to make a stencil that I then traced onto the tape on the jug. 


All traced and ready to be cut out.


Then I used the exacto to cut out the font and also taped off some stripes around the bottom. The tape will create a seal on the glass so that the lines and text will come out crisp and clean.


The next step was a bit intense, the paint used to etch the glass is extremely bad for basically everything. So make sure you have some gloves handy and that you work in a well ventilated area.


Once everything was prepped, I just globbed on the paint, making sure to stay clear of the spots I wanted to leave clear.


Once all the paint was on, I let it sit for 10 minutes, though I wish I had left it on for longer, because as you will see the etching is a bit light. After letting it sit, I ran it under hot water to wash the paint off and it also helps take the tape off at the same time. Make sure not to wash glass etching paint off in a ceramic sink because it will have a similar effect.


Ready for celebrations!



Drink time! 


In goes the champagne...


add the Grand Marnier...


and the juices...


have a good night!

--Emily Jo and Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home