Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summertime S'mores

I was having a few ladies over last night for some glasses of wine and laughs and wanted to make an easy dessert.  Everyone that knows me knows I hate grocery shopping, so my cabinets are pretty bare, but I had some s'mores stuff left over from a camping trip so I decided to work with that.

Supplies:

Chocolate
Graham Crackers
Peanut Butter
Marshmallows
Sprinkles
Cookie Sheet 
Tinfoil
Stove or microwave


This is a fun and easy dessert if you have little ones who want to help in the kitchen.  It's all pretty kid friendly (minus the stove part)


Lay out your grahams and spread a layer of peanut butter on each. Plop a marshmallow on top and put them in the oven at 350 degrees.  They only need to be in there for about 5 - 10 minutes so check on them every few minutes and pull them out when your marshmallows begin to expand.


Melt your chocolate via stovetop or microwave. (I chose microwave, my apartment was about 91 degrees when I made these so I was trying to not keep adding heat to it)


Take out your graham crackers from the oven, top them with another graham and drizzle your chocolate over the top.  I originally tried just dipping them in the chocolate but they are so gooey and slippery from the peanut butter, it's much easier to just drizzle.  Then I sprinkled some pink sugar crystals over the top (because clearly this wasn't sugary enough)
Pop them in the fridge for about 2 hours...


...and enjoy!


It got a Katie thumbs up approval.

I learned 2 things from making these: 1- I've clearly been living a lie because spellcheck just informed me that it is 'marshmallows' not 'marshmellows'. and 2- anything you add peanut butter too just makes it that much better.

--Emily Jo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home