Saturday, January 7, 2012

Torn up Toms

I am pretty much obsessed with Toms, the only things that make me sad about their shoes is A) the price and B) the fact that I go through a pair every 6 months. They get dirty, I wash them, they get worn through and eventually my toe pokes through the top. I have had conversations and done some research on this, and apparently this happens to a lot of Toms enthusiasts. I wasn't ready to get rid of my red pair...so I decided to do something about it.
Supplies:
Toms canvas shoes
Scissors


These are my happy little red Toms, circa 2 years ago.


These are my sad little red Toms after 2 summers of concerts, rain puddles, beach sand, and pavement stomping.


Start cutting right under each seam...


You can leave really any spot intact, but I chose to cut each side, the middle and the toe (mainly because there was a hole in it).


If your Toms are in better shape, you could leave more of the canvas intact, but I chose to go all out and just leave the seams.


Ta-Da! Me, some wine, and my brand new Toms sandals.
I really like the "destroyed" look of them.


Sad that I have to wait a few months to actually get to wear these guys out.


Here's hoping for an early Spring!

--Emily Jo



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home