Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oil Face Cleanser

Ever since high school, my complexion has not been spectacular - not awful, but not the best. I get breakouts which I then pick at and immediately regret, yet I can't stop myself. So, needless to say I have tried many of the face wash fads - ProActiv, ProActiv rip-offs, antibiotics, creams, washes etc. Still not pleased with the results, I came across some articles on oil based face washes. Advertising has always told me that oil free is the way to be, but logic kicked in when it was pointed out to me that oil removes oil. Duh! I knew this already because I work at a pizza place and we use oil to clean our grill, so why should my face be any different(okay, so maybe this is a stretch, but it made sense to me)?

Supplies:
Travel size container
Castor Oil
Olive Oil
Essential Oil - optional


 This cleanser is seriously cheap on top of the fact that there are no chemicals, no dyes or perfumes, and it's easy to customize to your skin type. 


We didn't have a funnel, so I made a makeshift one with some tin foil. I then measured out three parts olive oil to two parts castor oil. The dryer your skin is, the more olive oil you want. The oilier your skin is, the more castor oil you want. Adjust accordingly, I sort of just went for the middle ground. 


 I had also heard of the benefits of tea tree oil on acne so I added a few drops to the mixture, which also gave it a nice refreshing scent. 


Shake it up and test it out! To use, apply a quarter size amount to your face - do not wet your skin before - and rub into your skin for about one minute. Then using a hot towel, steam your face for about a minute then wipe off. It's that simple! And as an added bonus, you don't need to moisturize afterwards. I've only been using this for two days and can already see an improvement in my skin, so definitely give this a try if you're like me and have had trouble finding a solution to your skin woes. 

--Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home